QHSE Manager in Guinea
The QHSE Manager primary responsibility is to assist the Logistics Coordinator in the daily project management, including budgeting, planning, supervising, monitoring and coordinating the project to ensure results are in accordance with the Scope of Work and contractual obligations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Serving as the Acting Logistics Coordinator during periods when the Logistics Coordinator is on leave or otherwise away from the project ;
- Working closely with the Logistics Coordinator and project supervisors to define and develop project management goals, priorities, processes and actions ;
- Liaising daily with client, subcontractors, suppliers, consultants and local authorities;
- Managing and training a team of expatriates and local personnel adequately ;
- Providing guidance on project priorities and processes and ensuring compliance with Client and Corporate standards ;
- Assisting the Logistics Coordinator in preparing terms of reference for subcontractors in line with relevant Company procedures and monitoring the performance of suppliers and subcontractors to determine compliance with contractual obligations, and resolving issues arising from disputes or sub-standard performance ;
- Assisting the Logistics Coordinator in guiding and coordinating the work of subcontractors and overseeing its compliance with the agreed work plan and terms of reference;
- Assisting the Logistics Coordinator in ensuring adequate information flow, discussions and feedback among the various stakeholders of the project ;
- Assisting the Logistics Coordinator in organizing and supervising meetings, workshops, trainings, seminars;
- Assuming overall responsibility for the logistics and project operations in coordination with the Operations Manager, QHSE Supervisor, the Client and other stakeholders if required;
- Assuming overall responsibility of implementation of the HSE Project Plan and related procedures, including daily monitoring and reporting of HSE performance (KPIs) ;
- Proposing operational solutions to the client for particular HSE requests
- Informing the customer of our organization and contact points / interface Matrix changes.
- Maintain regular contact with Onstream client Corporate Office and Branch Direction;Undertake any other actions related to the project as requested by the Logistics Coordinator ;
- Producing periodic progress reports for project performance and status;Keeping databases and files with project documents and updated reports
General Qualifications Required:
- Appropriate experience in the Oil & Gas Industry or academic qualifications.
- Excellent knowledge of oil and gas industry, international codes and standards and HSE regulations;
- Extensive experience with Project Management and Project Management methodologies;
- Leadership and management skills with strong ability to lead multi-cultural teams.
- Extensive knowledge of management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and execute responsibilities with minimal supervision as well as interface with multiple stakeholders in remote areas.
- Must be skilled in oral and written communication and have experience managing complex oil and gas projects, prioritizing tasks and interacting with all levels of management and staff.