JOB TITLE : Sales Engineer
DEPARTMENT : Technical Sales
JOB TYPE : Permanent
REPORTING TO : Business Development Manager
To assume the responsibility to target the oil, gas, petrochemical, power and utilities industries in Qatar and wider GCC to promote and sell a wide range of innovative mechanical and engineering products, services and solutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop through effective networking and market intelligence an effective understanding of the opportunities available in oil, gas, refining, petrochemicals, steel and utility sectors of the State of Qatar and the GCC.
• Create a clearly defined business to business sales strategy including the development and implementation of winning customer strategies to target and achieve a high level of success in developing sales revenue.
• Build influencing consultative relationships with existing and new target clients in which the delivery of value added services and products is at the core of developing long term trusted advisory relationships.
• Utilise technical skills and an extensive knowledge of the products including the design, components, capabilities and functions to demonstrate to clients a product(s) suitability to satisfy their need requirements.
• Ensure complete customer satisfaction by professionally administering all existing client accounts by promptly and accurately processing orders, new enquiries, quotations and resolution of any outstanding issues.
• Attract new client accounts by managing and interpreting their requirements and close the sale by providing a product or service that exceeds their expectation in terms of customer service, quality, price and delivery.
• Liaise closely with other members of the sales team in the collation, interpretation, analysis and sharing of market intelligence and competitor activity to identify new technologies and new opportunities.
• Administering client accounts, call logs, journey plan, cost analysis and sales reports on a weekly and monthly basis to ensure that all sales activities are coordinated and to ensure all sales targets are exceeded.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Graduate in an electrical / mechanical engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years of specific job related skills, knowledge and experience and a proven track record in bringing in new business with an internationally recognised engineering sales and service organisation. Must be computer literate and proficient in all MS Office applications.
In addition to being confident, articulate and personable must be an effective communicator and relationship builder with excellent English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work. Must be able to work and perform under own initiative, attentive to detail and be meticulous in recording information gained from clients and potential clients. Ability to read, interpret and understand technical drawings and a full understanding of the methods for showing, promoting and selling products and services is essential. Must have an enthusiastic winning attitude and excellent business acumen and commercial awareness. Strong self starter with a flexible approach to working hours and location.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the assigned job holder. However they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills as all personnel are required to perform other reasonable duties outside of their normal responsibilities in support of the company.
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa’s energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.
We are looking for an experienced Chief Executive Officer or CEO to supervise and control all strategic and business aspects...Apply For This Job
The role of the General Manager will be to head up, develop and grow the services cluster within this large...Apply For This Job
Charterhouse is working with a leading law firm that is looking to hire a Junior Litigation Associate 2- 4 PQE...Apply For This Job
Purpose of the Job To conduct both first line and corrective maintenance and troubleshooting of specialized mechanical rotating and its...Apply For This Job