The IT Senior Database Administrator administers, oversees database implementation and design both on premise and on private and public cloud. The role is responsible for database administration, performance monitoring and tuning, capacity planning, new database implementation, security, patches and upgrades. The role will troubleshoot problems related to databases, enforces policies and standards for all database activities, ensures all databases including the backups are healthy, monitors as well as maintains and organizes reporting for the databases.
– Administer the mongo database and support the mongo related daily activities.
– Install, deploy and manage MongoDB on physical and virtual machines.
– Highly skilled in mongo performance tuning for high throughput and large data loads.
– Manage mongo DB in AWS EC2 environment.
– Configure large-scale MongoDB shared clusters.
– Support MongoDB in a high availability, multi-data center environment.
– Administer MongoDB Ops Manager, backups and automation. Automate routine tasks with shell scripts and industry standard tools
– Improve database backups and regular recovery testing.
– Secure Mongo DB environment with standard security practices.
– Document data modelling on Mongo DB for application requirement and better performance.
– Maintain database performance and capacity planning.
– Write documentation and collaborate with technical peers online
– Design mongo DB for high availability and for data center failures.
– Administer and support daily MySQL database tasks.
– Administer and support daily Oracle database tasks.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience/ Knowledge / Skills
– University Graduate specializing in IT, Math or Science
– 4+ years Mongo deployment experience
– 4+ years MongoDB production support
– 4+ years Linux OS experience in a production environment
– Experience in Cloudera Big data platform is plus.
– BS or BA degree, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent education, training or work experience
– MongoDB Ops Manager experience
– Experience on mongo sharing
Knowledge / Skills
– Linux Shell scripting
– Extensive Mongo DBA skills
– Scripting skills (Python or Ruby)
Certificate / License required
– MongoDB certification.
– ITIL Certification
– AWS or AZURE Cloud certification
– CORE COMPETENCIES
– Customer Focus
– Team work
– Effective Communication
– Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
– Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
Dubai-based flydubai strives to remove barriers to travel and enhance connectivity between different cultures across its ever-expanding network. Since launching its operations in 2009, flydubai has:
In addition, flydubai’s agility and flexibility as a young airline has enhanced Dubai’s economic development, in line with the Government of Dubai’s vision, by creating trade and tourism flows in previously underserved markets.
We are currently seeking a highly experienced and professional Executive Assistant to support a very dynamic and engaging CEO; one...Apply For This Job
Golden Opportunity – Online tutors needed to teach languages or English language. TutorNinjas is recruiting students, professionals, new or former...Apply For This Job
A newly-established business in the UAE is looking for an experienced Social Media Coordinator and Business Development Specialist to join...Apply For This Job
External Role: • Initiate contact with vendors to check for availability, supply, shipments and all other related activities. • Respond...Apply For This Job
Purpose of the Job To operate the daily total integrated Production system and ensuring that production targets are realized and...Apply For This Job
Job Summary: – The Area Manager is a key resource in ensuring that their Shop Managers maximize the commercial performance...Apply For This Job