Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
The purpose of this position is to provide assistance in all planning, scheduling, monitoring, control & reporting tasks associated with the Projects undertaken by the PMO, and to provide Primavera P6 planning support to the Red Line Extension (Route 2020) mobilisation project.
– Assist the Programme Director in planning the necessary resources to deliver multiple projects for Dubai Metro;
– Use the project management tools ( MS Project, Primavera P6 ) to plan, monitor and control each of the programme and project on time and within budget;
– Utilise the programme/project management reporting system that will give timely and effective reports to team leaders and the Managing Director to manage the project;
– Work with Serco team leaders and clients to produce detailed plans in appropriate Planning software and create easy-to-use integrated progress trackers in Excel;
– Assist the Programme Director in liaising with Serco team leaders, clients and subcontractors to identify programme and project risks and risk owners, quantifying the identified risks, identifying risks mitigating measures, creating and managing the risks register;
– Assist Programme Director in producing project control reports including variation reports on time and budget, risk management reports, issue logs and corrective action plans
– Assist Programme Director in attendance of meetings on scheduling and project issues with the client and ensure that Serco Dubai Metro interests are fully represented;
– Ensure milestone and progress alignment between the client portfolio management tool, and the Serco P6 management tool;
What we are looking for in our candidates:
– Highly experienced in use and application of planning tools: Primavera P6; Microsoft Project and Competent in other Micro Soft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access) and Visio for constructing and maintaining programme and project schedules and trackers for multiple projects;
– Excellent communication and influencing skills in liaising with project stakeholders for constructing the project schedules, identifying milestones and critical paths taking corrective actions to deliver projects on time and to budget;
– Good writing skills to prepare project management reports;
– Highly motivated and flexibility to work in a time-sensitive environment to respond quickly and effectively to unanticipated high workloads, events and emergencies;
– Preferably with 15 years working experience, including working with multinationals and large programmes and with overseas/multinational exposure covering activities such as:
– P6/MSP Projects
– Bid Work
– S Curves/ Task Analysis/ Delay Analysis
– Ideally a degree holder, preferably in Engineering discipline;
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and – most of all – deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.
• Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office • Direct visitors to the appropriate person...Apply For This Job
Job brief We are looking for a Digital Marketing Intern to develop, implement, track and optimize our digital marketing campaigns...Apply For This Job
Sales Executive – Faces – AlJubail MALL Job Summary: The Sales Executive is responsible for delivering an outstanding guest experience...Apply For This Job
Job Objectives: • Identify, negotiate and manage major business opportunities, along with maintaining and growing profitable key accounts. • Secure...Apply For This Job
• Familiar with international codes, QA/QC plan, ITP’s, method statements, Electrical • Instrument equipment handling, testing, installation procedures • Handling...Apply For This Job